We sadly discovered the loss of Go on Wednesday at our 16 week appointment. It was a complete shock, as there had been absolutely no indication that anything was wrong. Although smaller than Bo, Go looked normal. Unfortunately, there was no heart beat and he/she measured a full four weeks smaller than Bo, indicating that the heart had stopped beating within days of our last ultrasound. We’ll never know why, of course, and I don’t know that the knowledge of it would lessen the pain anyway. There is a part of me, though, that wishes that this baby had been developed enough to know the gender.
Both Dr. Hayborn (the doc at the perinatal center – the high risk place) and Dr. Peck (my regular OB doc) believe that this should not affect Bo in any way. Measuring right on schedule with a strong heartbeat of 154 beats per minute, Bo should continue to develop normally. They will, however, monitor me more closely now with visits every two weeks for a while. Both docs said that my body will continue a bit longer to respond as if it’s carrying twins, still placing me in a higher risk category and at a greater risk for pre-term labor.
In a few days I’ll post the ultrasound picture of Bo and will also try to post the dvd of the ultrasound – it’s pretty neat as you can watch the movement and even hear the heartbeat.
Please pray for a safe remaining pregnancy and normal development of Bo. Also pray please that my body will quickly transition to a singleton pregnancy, lowering the risk of pre-term labor. And, of course, please keep us in your prayers as we deal with the loss of Go. There are times when I'm so overcome with the grief that I momentarily forget that I'm still pregnant. I know that we are very blessed to be carrying a strong and healthy baby, but that does not lessen the pain of losing a baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Nettie I am so sorry! I know how much you loved that baby already! But there is the silver lining- BO! I know that there is nothing that I can say to comfort/ take away your pain but know that we love you SOOO much and we are praying for you!
I can't begin to describe the heartache I feel over your loss - which is also my loss. You continue to be in my daily prayers.
Dad/Grandpa
Post a Comment