Monday, November 12, 2007

A Mover & Shaker

Baby Bo lets me know quite frequently that he/she is still in there! I feel movement between 30-40 times per day! Jack was able to feel the kicks from the outside for the first time last week. His response? “Weird, but cool.” At this point I still love feeling the movement – it’s only ever woken me up one time and does not keep me from falling asleep. I feel it most often when I lay down at night and when I’m sitting back in the recliner.

I had an appt with Dr. Heyborne – the high risk doc – on Wednesday and we were able to see the baby again. I’ll post two pictures: the first of a content little one and the second with Bo looking like he/she’s crying (hopefully not a glimpse into a long term personality trait!). In each, the baby’s right arm is curled up to its ear. It’s so fun to be able to see the baby while still in the womb – I’m amazed at the technology each time!! I have an appt with my regular OB - Dr. Peck – on Wed the 21st. She generally does not do an ultrasound since I’m getting them at Dr. Heyborne’s office. I have had 7 ultrasounds, after all!!!





I’m 24 weeks right now – almost 6months and nearing the end of the second trimester. The baby measured at 12 inches long and weighs about 1 pound, 7 ounces!!! It seems funny to me to think that there’s something that big inside of me!! I can’t wait to hold that little bugger!!!!

I have felt better these last two weeks than I have since about week 7 when the morning sickness started. I’m not having any more back pain (which was mostly related to the cervix shortening) and have basically resumed normal pregnancy activity. I’m back to walking regularly, although I don’t move quite as fast as I used to!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Bo looks like Jack!;-)
Angie H.

Anonymous said...

I think Bo looks like Jack!;-)
Angie H.