Friday, February 1, 2008

Yeah for BP meds!

Thankfully the blood pressure is getting better with the addition of the meds! I had an appt scheduled for Tuesday, however a blizzard closed the mountain pass and I couldn't get to Denver! Yikes! Thankfully I was not in labor and was able to reschedule for today. Everything looked great and we remain on schedule to do the cerclage removal on Friday the 8th - that's just one week from today!!! Hopefully it won't take too long for labor to begin after that. Dr. Heyborne said that most women will go into labor within 7-10 days and a few will begin labor sooner (I'm hoping to be one of them!). However, at this point I'm still enjoying the pregnancy and am not feeling miserable. I had been sick this week with bronchitis/respiratory junk and am hoping to fully get well and rested before labor begins.

Jack has graduate classes this weekend and will, therefore, be gone until Sunday night. Considering that, along with me not feeling well and the unpredictable weather this time of year, we decided that I would stay in Denver with his parents until my mom arrives. Her flight gets here on Tuesday evening and then we'll head up after my 8am appt on Wednesday. We'll stay for a couple of days until returning for the surgery on Friday. At that point I probably won't be returning home until the baby comes!!

I can't wait to meet this little one! We're able to see on the ultrasound that it's got plenty of hair!! I'm anxious to discover the gender and to be settled on a name. And no, we don't have one picked out yet!!

We don't have any pictures from today's ultrasound. The baby is so squished in there right now that everything is very distorted! We weren't even able to get a good face shot today! They did estimate that the baby now weighs about 6 pounds and 9 ounces. That's good enough for me!! But my belly button hasn't popped yet so I guess it's not done cooking!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Nettie & Jack! I am so excited for you. I can not wait until you get to meet you're little addition. You have truly never know love until you have that one. Or heartache. But the good outweighs the bad, and what a precious gift from God.

I lost a baby before I was pregnant with Delana, and still remember the pain, but it lessened when I had my others, and now my children have a guardian Angel in Heaven watching over them.

I'm glad I've found a way to keep up on y'all.

ESL&L

Ali Moore Teets
WVWC Class of 1995

Remember me?

Anonymous said...

Netty! You look beautiful in that pic from Dec. and so small! Your Mom arrives on Luke's original due date and then he was born on the 7th. You're both in my prayers for a safe and healthy delivery/recovery! You've done a great job. Can't wait to hear more!Love to all 3 of you!

Cindy said...

Nettie - Just found out about your blog. Read the whole thing. It's obviously been a pretty amazing few months for you. I'm so happy for you. Only a few more days. I'll be anxious to hear. Love ya', Aunt Cindy